Lunes, Abril 1, 2013

G.I. Joe: Retaliation – A dance on a cliff


2013 has another science fiction action film, G.I. Joe Retaliation, a sequel to  G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009) now with a focus on their mortal enemy Cobra, the G.I. Joes are forced to discover the truth, fight and reclaim the government and vindicate their very existence.

The Rise of Cobra and Retaliation are both equipped with high-powered guns, advance weaponry, explosives (nanomites and now nuclear bomb – both are missiles – warheads as they call it) coupled with unique fighting sequences that make these movies packed with adventure and action.

But this time, director Jon M. Chu (Step-Up 2 & step-Up 3D) gave the film a leap on the fighting scenes, the combat on the cliff was such a pure entertainment, a breathtaking one and awesome.
Moreover, Rise of the Cobra has a substantial story and I prefer how the plot was presented and told compared to Retaliation.

SPOILER ALERT: I was poignant on the sudden death of Duke (Channing Tatum) really. Though, got sad that Joseph Gordon-Levitt did not reprise his role as Commander Cobra, this time it’s Luke Bracey (Monte Carlo & American Dream).

Though I love the poster concept, as you can see, it did not change. I already got my posters on these. Thanks a lot.

I have my favorite part of both movies, would you please allow me to share this with you (hahaha) I love the Delta 6 Accelerator Suits and the action along the busy streets of Paris done by Rip (Marlon Wayans) and Duke (Channing Tatum)  in The Rise of Cobra and now in Retaliation, I was mesmerized by the cliffhanger scenes done by Snake Eyes (Ray Park) & Intern (Elena Justin). 

G.I. Joe Retaliation is a movie with a colossal budget yet with a simple plot but will make you beg for another sequel.


Rating:  2 ½ / 5 stars

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento