Lunes, Agosto 20, 2012

HOLIDAY : August 21 is Ninoy Aquino Day

Yesterday I was glancing at my calendar desk blankly and was marking specific dates for the rest of the year. I haven't thought that 21st of August.is a Special Non-Working Holiday which means "no classes for students" and another day has been added into the long weekend to government employees including teachers. 

It was also yesterday that I decided to buy Ninoy-Cory design t-shirts for my bestfriends and for me of course. Unconsciously, I ran to a Bench store near my office and check if this shirt design is still available,
and there were at least a dozen of them with broken sizes. Since my bestfriend Carl Garcia did not reply on pm @ FB I decided to get the medium and for Jay Paul Ruiz semi-fit medium (mind you there were only two medium sizes and I got them - yahooo!!!) and since the rest of the sizes were XXL and XL, I scanned the hanged displays for more and I found a small size so I was fortunate to purchase all three. Mission accomplished. (BTW - these two are all working abroad, Carl is settled in Virginia, USA while Paul is working in Doha, Qatar).

Today as I woke up early, I wore the shirt that I bought and to my surprise a guard greeted me with "Happy Ninoy Day!" that me smile and paused - yeah it's Ninoy Aquino Day and it's a Holiday.

Yes, today is Ninoy Aquino Day as mandated by Republic Act 9492. And so? Do we care? What is important is, it's a holiday and time for bonding - family and friends - nothing more, nothing less. A simple reminder is that, today is the 29th anniversary of Ninoy when a single bullet ended his life while he was descending from an airplane's gangway at Ninoy Aquino International Airport whom by that time was guarded by several military agents.

We all knew who Ninoy was and if not would it be sarcastic if I say, "google him at wikepedia," I think not.

Happy Ninoy Day!





Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento